DRPE feels that the safety and well-being of all our employees is a matter of utmost importance. To this end, our company is committed to operating within compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations. We will strive to ensure a safe work environment, safe equipment and proper training for each of our employees.
DRPE maintains Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Virginia Board of Coal Mine Examiners (BCME) certified instructors for the administration of safety and the proper instruction of safety to our employees. Weekly safety meetings are held with all employees. All DRPE employees receive a minimum of 8 hours of MSHA safety instruction annually. Employees are also certified by respective state mine safety agencies for work in those states. Additionally, all DRPE employees are OSHA certified in construction safety. All DRPE employees maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications. DRPE is also a participant in the ISNetWorld and maintains an A+ safety rating.
DRPE is proud to offer safety training and certification to individuals and other companies. We can provide the following training:
• MSHA required 8 hour annual retraining §30CFR48.8 and 48.28 underground and surface
• MSHA new miner training §30CFR48.5 and 48.25 underground and surface
• Virginia BCME General Miner Surface and Underground Cards
• Virginia BCME Gas Detection Certification
• Virginia BCME foreman and blasting continuing education requirements
Please contact us regarding any scheduled training event or scheduling training for you company.